Interested in sponsoring ? Get on board
- Additive Manufacturing
Plastic and metal Additive Manufacturing (AM) excellence is the core of our business, with production of high quality and performance geared metal and plastic parts through our state-of-the-art machines and world class R&D facility, which sets us apart from the competition.
Our knowledge and experience of AM production and processes is the best in the industry, meaning we have the capability to provide our customers with;
- High quality and durable parts
- Fast, cost-effective solutions
- Global scale production facility
- Quality control to ISO and AS certifications
Our Milton Keynes facility is where we support UK manufacturers to embrace robot automation. As a core part of the smart manufacturing model going forward, UK manufacturers must begin to adopt automation technologies to boost productivity and remain globally competitive. At ABB we design, build, test and commission bespoke robotic manufacturing cells to suit our customers’ needs whilst also working with a network of experienced partners.
It is through these partners that we implement robot solutions to industries such as food and beverage and pharmaceuticals through to plastics and education. Supplying systems to the automotive and metal fabrication industries, we have a number of demonstration suites which enable companies to trial the latest developments in robotic welding technology. ABB robots can be used for welding, assembly, cleaning, painting, de-burring, cutting, machine tending and palletising amongst many others. Whatever the application, we can find a robot that can perform the process.
We understand that robot adoption is a commitment and guide UK manufacturers through each stage of the robot lifecycle from installation and commissioning through to repairs and refurbishment through our Services centre. We can also help UK manufacturers to introduce robots to enhance business capability both to innovate and up-skill their workforce in our recently refurbished training centre.
The many benefits that robot automation can bring are helping to engineer a brighter future for UK manufacturers large and small and we can share this evidence at each of the many seminars and events we hold throughout the year.
Our job at ABB is to continue to spread the message and to drive UK manufacturing forward – we call it Engineering an Automation Nation.
- The Aston Centre for Servitization Research and Practice, hosted by Aston Business School, is the world’s first and only centre dedicated entirely to understanding and promoting servitization within the global market. It incorporates researchers, practitioners and industry leaders who have a unique depth of knowledge and experience of the models, frameworks and practical requirements of this business model transformation for manufacturers.The Centre’s mission is threefold:
- Pioneer internationally leading research to develop knowledge and tools that enable servitization
- Foster global networks of practitioners and researchers to inspire adoption of advanced services
- Develop leaders across the globe with the skills to drive business transformation
Atos SE (Societas Europaea) is a leader in digital services with pro forma annual revenue of circa € 12 billion and circa 100,000 employees in 72 countries. Serving a global client base, the Group provides Consulting & Systems Integration services, Managed Services & BPO, Cloud operations, Big Data & Cyber-security solutions, as well as transactional services through Worldline, the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry. With its deep technology expertise and industry knowledge, the Group works with clients across different business sectors: Manufacturing, Defense, Financial Services, Health, Media, Utilities, Public sector, Retail, Telecommunications, and Transportation.
Atos is focused on business technology that powers progress and helps organizations to create their firm of the future. The Group is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic & Paralympic Games and is listed on the Euronext Paris market. Atos operates under the brands Atos, Atos Consulting, Atos Worldgrid, Bull, Canopy, Unify and Worldline.
- B&R Automation is one of the largest privately owned industrial automation companies in the world. Based in Austria, B&R focuses on innovation and flexible modular design in our quest for perfection in automation. Combined with our global service footprint and diagnostic capabilities, we add value to our customers and help improve their bottom line. Learn more at www.br-automation.com
BARA – The British Automation and Robot Association provides a voice for the Robot and Automation Industries, when dealing with government, industry, financial and academic institutions.
The aim of BARA is to promote the use of, and assist in the development of Automation in British industry. In 2009 BARA joined forces with the PPMA (Processing & Packaging Machinery Association) and has gathered more influence, members and provides more support to the end-user community. With the PPMA, BARA speaks with a truly representative industry voice. The BARA council that meets periodically provides strategic direction to the Association.
BARA members are widely represented at the Annual PPMA Show which actively demonstrates how automation and robots can provide solutions to UK manufacturing. See www.ppmashow.co.uk.
BARA is part of the PPMA Group of four Trade Associations, the principal objective being simply “To help members sell more products and services” See www.Bara.org.uk
- Bytronic are specialists in providing machine vision and intelligent manufacturing systems that guarantee quality and improve performance.Founded in 1997, Bytronic is now the leading independent expert in designing and implementing innovative manufacturing systems for many of the world’s largest companies.Bytronic is the only Cognex Platinum Partner System Integrator in the UK. We specialise in delivering harmonised systems worldwide for customers such as Unilever, P&G and Coca-Cola Enterprises.At Bytronic we work with our customers to develop a true business partnership. We design, develop and install systems, integrating them with production equipment, factory networks, MES, and enterprise-level management systems. We manage the entire project from problem definition through design and test to seamless integration with the customer’s operations, minimising disruption to their business.We deliver directly, through our network of agents or by working with customer’s local teams. All aspects of project delivery, from design and development, through implementation, training and support and including networking and interfaces are dealt with by the Bytronic team.Whether it’s a total MES solution, machine inspection & measurement, industrial networks, manufacturing data management, or automated test equipment, Bytronic can help. We bring unparalleled specialist skills and market leading technology together for the best possible integrated solution. Solutions with Vision – www.bytronic.com
Columbus is a global business consultancy. We know how to make clients more successful by adapting and implementing proven, Microsoft-based solution sets to maximise efficiency and overall business performance for manufacturers.
The Columbus Advanced Discrete Manufacturing Solution can support your business as you evolve into a single source provider for your customers, with the ability to turn after-market services into a profit maker for your business.
Exceeding 25 years of experience and 6,000 successful business cases, Columbus is a global top 3 Microsoft partner in the manufacturing industry and part of the prestigious Microsoft Dynamics President’s Club.
For more information about Columbus, please visit www.columbusglobal.com
As a key driver of the world’s economy, an active and lean global manufacturing sector is emerging from the challenging economic conditions of recent years.
At DLA Piper we advise many of the most successful manufacturing and industrial companies worldwide, working in partnership to help them maximise efficiencies, secure opportunities for growth, minimise risk and embrace technological changes. And with offices in over 30 countries worldwide, we are well positioned to help clients with their full range of legal needs wherever they do business, both on a cross-border and in-country basis.
Clients benefit from our extensive experience and sector understanding, as well as our commitment to tailored commercial and pragmatic advice. Our experience spans across the sector – from industrial and advanced engineering, chemicals and automotive, through to aerospace and defence, consumer goods and food and drink.
Key services include:
• Industry 4.0: automation, robotics, big data and the Internet of Things
• Supply chain management
• Acquisitions, disposals and joint ventures
• Health and safety
• Intellectual property
• Employment and pensions
• International trade
• Regulatory risk and compliance
• Dispute resolution
For further information on our services to the manufacturing sector, please contact:
International Head of Manufacturing
+44 333 207 7751
+44 7971 142368
Epicor Software Corporation drives business growth. We provide flexible, industry-specific software that is designed around the precise needs of our manufacturing, distribution, retail, and service industry customers. More than 40 years of experience with our customers’ unique business processes and operational requirements is built into every solution in the cloud, hosted, or on premises. With a deep understanding of your industry, Epicor solutions spur growth while managing complexity. The result is powerful solutions that free your resources so you can grow your business. For more information, connect with Epicor or visit www.epicor.com.
GAMBICA is the Trade Association for Instrumentation, Control, Automation and Laboratory Technology in the UK. It has membership of over 200 companies including the major multinationals in the sector as well as smaller and medium sized companies.
Office for National Statistics (ONS) data shows total output of the industry represented by GAMBICA close to £6.9 billion with exports of £3.7 billion and a positive trade balance just over £260 million.
The Association’s primary objectives are to further the successful development of the industry and to promote the competitiveness and profitability of member companies.
The scope of the Association covers five industry sectors:
•Industrial automation products and systems
•Process control and instrumentation
•Environmental analysis and monitoring equipment
•Test and measurement equipment for electrical and electronics industries
- Additive Manufacturing
- HiETA Technologies Ltd is a Product Development and Manufacturing Company exploiting Additive Manufacturing to make lighter and more energy efficient components for the aerospace, defence, automotive and microgeneration sectors.Additive Manufacturing as a process allows great design freedom manufacturing products by growing the unit layer by layer from a 3D CAD design. HiETA has extensive technical expertise in this area of design and production and can offer a range of services:
- Design engineering – our design and prototyping service
- Assessment and education – supporting clients in assessing the Additive Manufacturing technology and helping them to bridge their skills gap
- Manufacturing and supply
The Institution of Mechanical Engineers was established in 1847 and has some of the world’s greatest engineers in its history books. It is one of the fastest growing professional engineering institutions. Headquartered in London, we have operations around the world and over 111,000 members in more than 140 countries working at the heart of the most important and dynamic industries such as the automotive, rail, aerospace, medical, power and construction industries.
The Knowledge Transfer Network is the UK’s innovation network. We connect people - to speed up innovation, solve problems and find markets for new ideas. Working with large and small companies, government agencies and research organisations, with tech hubs and startups, public funding bodies, VCs and private investors, KTN has built a unique network, with over 60,000 members, that helps enterprising people and companies to realise innovation. Established by Innovate UK to foster better links across the innovation landscape, the Knowledge Transfer Network has specialist teams covering all significant sectors of the economy, from defence and aerospace to the creative industries, the built environment to biotechnology and robotics. Our expertise in connecting sectors, disciplines and skills with the right collaborations and business approach is what helps unlock the tremendous value.
- Lloyds Bank has over 280 dedicated Manufacturing Managers who have been trained through an accreditation programme by the Warwick Manufacturing Group (WMG). These manufacturing managers also undertake 40 hours of continuous professional development training every year in order to understand the major opportunities the sector faces, including investment into new plant and machinery to support growth, and productivity improvements through automation.Our WMG Accredited Managers will work closely with you to understand your business ambitions whether it’s improving output, investment in new machinery to drive lean efficiencies, enter new markets or invest in productivity improvements via a carefully thought through automation strategy.Our local relationship managers have a personal lending discretion of up to £500k* which supports our commitment to lend £1Bn** of new money to the manufacturing sector every year in the 4 years up to 2017.All lending is subject to status.*Lending discretions of Relationship Managers varies and some applications may be referred for further credit checks.**£1bn relates to a Lloyds Banking Group lending figure correct as at 31 December 2014.Lloyds Bank plc. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority under Registration Number 119278. We subscribe to The Lending Code; copies of the Code can be obtained from www.lendingstandardsboard.org.uk The Lloyds Banking Group includes companies using brands including Lloyds Bank, Halifax and Bank of Scotland and their associated companies. More information on the Lloyds Banking Group can be found at lloydsbankinggroup.com
- Additive Manufacturing
Through their work with Additive Manufacturing (AM), also known in the popular media as 3D Printing, Materialise is helping to bring great ideas to life. They work with others to put great products aimed at niche markets directly into the marketplace as well as helping to make the prototypes of products later manufactured by the millions. What’s more, through their software, they enable others to do the same with their own AM equipment and services.
Materialise’s software is also powering new innovations in biomedical research, helping others make discoveries that save lives. Furthermore, they are taking patient-specific healthcare to new heights by working closely with surgeons for the planning and execution of complicated surgical procedures. Materialise work with surgeons and the improved medical solutions being created with their software are getting people back on their feet, and putting smiles back on patients’ faces.
The Manufacturing Technologies Association is a trade association for companies working in the engineering-based manufacturing sector. Many of its members are involved in the construction and supply of manufacturing technology whilst other members deploy these technologies, and some are involved in providing services to the industry.
Manufacturing technology is where manufacturing begins. It is the advanced machinery, equipment and intellectual property that enable the creation of the products we rely on from day to day and that drive our economy.
Machine tools are used across every sector of engineering to shape and form the parts that make up everything from the latest fighter jet to the most innovative surgical implant. Other aspects of manufacturing technology such as metrology (measuring) equipment, robotics and computer aided design and manufacturing systems (CAD/CAM) combine with the machines, tooling and work-holding equipment to make up complete systems, increasingly automated and adaptive, that manufacturers deploy, making the sector fundamental to the nation’s economy.
The MTA’s key activities are:
Representing engineering based manufacturing and supporting the advanced engineering sector through advocacy, media contact and networking.
Providing relevant and specific industry intelligence as well as the latest developments in research and technology.
Encouraging talent through funding and support for workplace training and education initiatives in schools, colleges and universities.
Delivering the UK’s only major exhibition focused on manufacturing technologies – MACH
The Manufacturing Technology Centre: Inspiring Great British Manufacturing
The MTC represents one of the largest public sector investments in manufacturing for many years and is housed in a 12,000 square metre purpose built facility at Ansty Park, Coventry. It is a partnership between some of the UK’s major global manufacturers and the universities of Birmingham, Nottingham and Loughborough, and TWI Ltd. The MTC is an open access centre and has more than 50 industrial members representing large OEMs, Tier 1 suppliers and SMEs. MTC is one of the elite UK centres that form the High Value Manufacturing Catapult, set up by the Technology Strategy Board to provide a stimulus for British manufacturing and deliver manufacturing and process technology support to industry.
Oracle offers an integrated suite of supply chain applications with open and flexible architectures and best-in-class capabilities. Delivering results quickly, Oracle uses a modular application approach that leverages the cloud for simplicity and flexibility. Some of Oracle’s supply chain applications include product lifecycle management, innovation management, demand and supply planning, sales & operations planning, logistics, transportation, global trade and warehouse management, procurement, manufacturing, maintenance, and order management.
Oracle’s supply chain applications are top rated by analysts and proven by customers. They span the complete breadth of business operations and combine rapid results, for short-term ROI, with continuous innovation, for long-term success. – See more at: http://www.mstln.com/#sthash.obksPMj8.dpuf
PP Electrical Systems are an acknowledged leader in the provision of control and automation solutions to many World leading OEMs across a diverse range of industries, including; machine tool, food processing, packaging, printing, scientific equipment and semiconductor processing. The UK manufacturing site in the West Midlands employs over 200 people in a lean six sigma production facility with a high degree of investment in automation – ensuring the very highest levels of quality and agility can be offered to the customer.
The company supplies a range of:
- Electrical control panels
- Electronic Assemblies
- Cable assemblies
The focus is on providing the customer with a unique solution that delivers a business benefit, ensuring that overall manufacturing costs can be reduced and significant benefits can be derived from outsourcing non-core competences.
The company can offer a full design and manufacturing solution in relation to UL508A ( for the US and Canadian Markets), as well as design compliance for European standards and advice on safety legislation.
Part of the MAN Group ( Midland Assembly Network – www.man-group.co.uk ) , PP can leverage of a vast array of complementary design and engineering skills, including:
- Mechanical engineering / sheet metal / machined parts
- PCBA design and build
- Plastic Moulding
- Die Casting
- Precision Pressing and chemical etching.
This allows us to provide a complete and innovative manufacturing solution that delivers guaranteed results for our customers across their entire scope of machine design and operation.
Fully committed to supporting manufacturers, we appreciate you are looking for something different from your bank. The complex nature of your business requires support from a bank that understands your industry, will deliver on its promises and believes in building long-term relationships.
We will work with you to find a finance package that meets your needs. We have a range of products available to help you manage your day-to-day cash flow, purchase essential equipment, invest for growth and mitigate financial risks when trading in both domestic and international markets.
Underpinning this is the global strength of the Santander Group. With 5 million business customers worldwide, we have both the expertise and the reach to enable manufacturing businesses to expand their business and grow their balance sheet.
In the UK, Siemens have been active for over 170 years and in fiscal 2016, generated revenues of £5bn, employing around 15,000 people, including about 5,000 in the manufacturing sector, with 14 manufacturing sites and more than 25 major offices.
We provide innovative solutions to help tackle the UK’s major challenges in Industry, providing digital solutions to help manufacturers to increase productivity, efficiency and create progressively innovative products to drive the transformation towards the digital enterprise.
- Simon-Kucher & Partners is a global consulting firm specialising in strategy, marketing, pricing and sales. Founded in 1985, the company focuses on Smart Profit GrowthSM by helping clients to boost their top line instead of cutting costs. With 800 professionals in 29 offices worldwide, our practice is built on evidence-based, practical strategies for profit improvement. Simon-Kucher & Partners is regarded as the world's leading pricing advisor and thought leader.
- Strategy (growth and defence strategies, new business models, market entry strategies)
- Marketing (meaningful segmentation, brand and product positioning, product/service design, marketing efficiency)
- Pricing (avoiding price wars, innovation pricing, effective price execution, discount systems, global pricing)
- Sales (channel strategies, sales efficiency, sales force effectiveness, sales incentives)
- Holistic Smart Profit GrowthSM programmes (change management, organisation of commercial functions, KPIs)
- Additive Manufacturing
Stratasys Ltd. (Nasdaq:SSYS), headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota and Rehovot, Israel, is a leading global provider of 3D printing and additive manufacturing solutions. The company’s patented FDM®, PolyJet™, and WDM™ 3D Printing technologies produce prototypes and manufactured goods directly from 3D CAD files or other 3D content. Systems include 3D printers for idea development, prototyping and direct digital manufacturing. Stratasys subsidiaries include MakerBot and Solidscape, and the company operates the digital parts manufacturing service, Stratasys Direct Manufacturing. Stratasys has more than 2,800 employees, holds over 600 granted or pending additive manufacturing patents globally, and has received more than 25 awards for its technology and leadership. Online at http://blog.stratasys.com.
Syncron is the only aftermarket service provider that exclusively focuses on service parts management and pricing for the world’s leading manufacturers. The company’s award-winning SaaS solutions enable companies around the world to transform their aftermarket service operations by dramatically increasing profitability, cash flow and customer loyalty.
Syncron’s global customer base includes a variety of market-leading companies across diverse industries. The company is privately held, with its headquarters in Stockholm and additional offices throughout Europe, the U.S. and Asia. Its UK office is in Birmingham, and its UK customers include BAE Systems, British Gas, Honda, JCB, Maplin, Mazda UK, Perkins and Unipart Rail.
For more information, visit syncron.com.
The high-technology company TRUMPF provides manufacturing solutions in the fields of machine tools, lasers and electronics. As an independent family business, we think and act long-term. Our drive to shape the future makes us a guarantor of continuous innovation.
Together with our customers we identify the optimal and most cost efficient production process covering every stage in the sheet metal process chain: machines, tools, automation, software and services. Whatever you want to produce, TRUMPF is at your side from the initial idea to the finished component.
Our products are used by subcontractors and Original Equipment Manufacturers in the most diverse industries including aerospace, automotive, climate and energy, electrics and electronics, furniture and lighting, medical, oil and gas, safety and defence, scientific research, white goods and yellow goods.
By combining expertise with an in-depth understanding of customer requirements, the professional team at TRUMPF can support your business to be successful and create real competitive advantages.