What is reputation?
Reputation is a rough measurement of how much the community trusts you; it is earned by engaging on the site and convincing your peers that you know what you’re talking about.
How do you earn reputation?
The primary way to gain reputation is by posting good questions and useful answers. Votes on these posts cause you to gain (or sometimes lose) reputation.
Reputation points rewards:
- +1 upon registration
- +2 for uploading an avatar
- +2 for completing profile fields
- +5 for asking a question
- +10 for answering a question
- +2 for commenting on a question
- +2 for receiving an upvote on your question
- +5 for receiving an upvote on your answer
- -1 for receiving a downvote on your question
- -3 for receiving a downvote on your answer
- -1 for downvoting someone else’s question
- -1 for downvoting someone else’s answer
- +10 when your answer is selected as the best answer to a question
- +2 when you select an answer to your question